Helps the user meet people nearby for online chats
From chatting to sending pictures, you can search through hundreds of profiles to find someone you're interested in making a connection with.
Stay safe in the dating world by using MeetMe. This is an app where you create a profile that includes a few basic details about yourself and some of your interests. You can add a picture if you want, but it's not required. However, if you add a picture, then there's a better chance at getting responses from other people.
With MeetMe, you can search for people based on several different types of criteria. It could be someone who is in the same zip code or someone who has a specific appearance that you like. There is also an option to look for people who share the same interests so that you have something to talk about. Once you find someone, you can send a short message. If you like sending messages, then you can chat through the MeetMe app before exchanging numbers or even meeting in person. You can receive notifications of new matches and messages through your phone or email so that you always know when someone wants to talk to you.
- Safe way to talk to people
- Receive updates and notifications
- Talk to several people until you find the one
- Some people can be untruthful
- Chat should be much faster, AND you can see when your messages are read! :)
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- READ_SYNC_STATS: Allows applications to read the sync stats.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.